The Oxford Human Rights Hub (OxHRH) aims to bring together academics, practitioners, and policy-makers from across the globe to advance the understanding and protection of human rights and equality. Through the vigorous exchange of ideas and resources, we strive to facilitate a better understanding of human rights principles, to develop new approaches to policy, and to influence the development of human rights law and practice.
Who we are
OxHRH is based in the University of Oxford Faculty of Law and is directed by Sandra Fredman, the Rhodes Professor of the Laws of the British Commonwealth and the USA. It is funded by various grants awarded to Professor Fredman by the Higher Studies Fund, the British Academy and the Bertha Foundation.
University of Oxford academics, research students and visiting academics form the core of our network, while our reach extends globally through our growing network of human rights academics, practitioners and policy-makers.
What we do
OxHRH facilitates the exchange of ideas and resources through six primary channels:
- The OxHRH Website: Our website provides a portal for human rights activities and research at Oxford University, as well as providing access to human rights resources and publications.
- OxHRH Blog: Our Blog provides a space for human rights academics, lawyers and policy makers from across the globe to share and discuss recent human rights developments. Information on how to contribute to the blog is available here.
- Social media: OxHRH is on Facebook, Linkedin and Twitter. Join our growing online community and contribute to the conversation.
- Newsletter: Our monthly newsletter contains a roundup of OxHRH news and events as well as featuring news from our wider network.
- Seminars: Our termly seminar series focuses on issues at the intersection between human rights theory and practice. Information about forthcoming seminars is available under the ‘Events’ tab. Podcasts from previous seminars are available under the ‘Event Archive’ tab and iTunesU.
- Annual Conference: our annual conference facilitates deeper engagement between human rights lawyers from across the globe on key human rights issues. Information on our most recent conference ‘Women and Poverty: A Human Rights Approach’ in Kigali, Rwanda in April 2014 can be found here.
Please note participation in our network does not carry any affiliation with the University of Oxford or the Faculty of Law. OxHRH reserves the right to refuse or withdraw participation at its discretion.