Apply Now: 7 Positions in New Research Project on Accountability for Human Rights
The Human Rights Centre at the Faculty of Law and Criminology at Ghent University is hiring 7 researchers at PhD and postdoctorate level for a research project on human rights accountability.
The researchers will be based at different Flemish universities (Ghent, Brussels, Antwerp, Hasselt) and will work on different but related topics.
They collaborate on a project that examines how better accountability for human rights violations can be achieved. The aim is to ensure better human rights protection in line with the everyday experience of rights holders.
This is an interdisciplinary project. We are looking for candidates with a background in law, criminology, sociology, political science, anthropology or related disciplines.
The details of the positions are listed below.
- PhD at Hasselt University – Process-based human rights review
- PhD or postdoc at Hasselt University – ESC rights during pandemics
- Postdoc at Antwerp University – New duty-bearers
- PhD or postdoc at Ghent University – New duty-bearers
- PhD or postdoc at Ghent University – Legal consciousness
- PhD at Brussels University – Human rights and privacy
- PhD at Brussels University – Surveillance studies