Research Assistant – Max Planck Institute for Social Anthropology
The research assistant will work under the supervision of Dr Katia Bianchini, Research Fellow, Max Planck for Social Anthropology (Advokatenweg 36, 06114 Halle (Saale), Germany; firstname.lastname@example.org).
The post is fixed term from 1 September 2020 to 31 December 2020.
Contract type: Service contract (Werkvertrag)
Hours: 8/10 hours/week
Support of empirical legal and socio-legal research in the field of asylum and refugee law. The post holder will support the following two projects:
- Maritime migration flows and refugee protection
- UK asylum law addressing issues of religion and diversity
Specific duties and responsibilities
The post holder will be expected to:
- Engage in literature searches. To undertake surveys of bibliographic databases and literature search engines informed by up to date information on related research in immigration and asylum law, human rights, ethical issues, EU law, empirical methods.
- Copying and scanning relevant literature as required.
- Work on citations, cross-referencing, editing, proofreading, formatting of papers as required.
- Assist in case law research (UK asylum and immigration decisions).
- Respect confidentiality: all confidential information should be kept in confidence and not released to unauthorised persons.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Degree in law
- Experience carrying out literature reviews
- Familiar with key authors in the field of immigration and refugee law
- Ability to carry out research with little supervision
- Able to organise and prioritise work effectively demonstrating flexibility and reliability to meet required deadlines
- Able to work with integrity
- English language mother tongue
- Access to university data bases in order to carry out the research
- Experience of working in the higher education sector
- Master degree in law or currently enrolled as Ph.D student
- Publications in the field of human rights, refugee law
Interested applicants should send a CV and interest letter to Dr Katia Bianchini by 10 July 2020: email@example.com.
The offer is subject to the waiver of further negotiations. (Art 12 s 4 Regulation on Sub-Threshold Procurement) Die Angebotseinholung erfolgt unter Vorbehalt des Verzichtes auf weitere Verhandlungen (§ 12 Abs 4 – Unterschwellenvergabeverordnung)