Research Assistant Position with the Max Planck Institute for Social Anthropology
Fixed term from 31 May 2021 to 11 October 2021
Contract type: Service contract (Werkvertrag)
Hours: 8 hours/ week
The research assistant will work under the supervision of Dr. Katia Bianchini, Research Fellow, Max Planck for Social Anthropology (Advokatenweg 36, 06114 Halle (Saale), Germany; firstname.lastname@example.org).
Write detailed summaries and comments of decisions in the field of asylum and refugee law engaging with cultural and diversity issues.
The post holder will support the Cultural and Religious Diversity Database (hereafter CUREDI) project.
CUREDI is an initiative of the Department of Law and Anthropology at the Max Planck Institute for Social Anthropology in Halle (Germany). It is a web-based database project that engages in a systematic effort to build a repository of a variety of data (legislation, case-law, administrative practices, guidelines, as well as relevant literature and empirical information) that have to do with cultural and religious diversity, and more particularly the way this diversity is granted recognition within the framework of the domestic legal orders of EU Member States. CUREDI builds on a network of scientific research teams with an established interest in the issue. Once the repository is sufficiently well developed, the database will be made public, allowing both legal and non-legal actors to access the information in English.
Specific duties and responsibilities
The post holder will be expected to:
(1) Engage in literature searches on immigration and asylum law, human rights
(2) Engage in case law research (UK asylum and immigration decisions)
(3) Respect confidentiality: all confidential information should be kept in confidence and not released to unauthorised persons
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- First degree in law from a UK University
- Interest in human rights, refugee law, cultural diversity
- Experience carrying out literature reviews
- Experience with case law analysis
- Ability to carry out research with little supervision
- Able to organise and prioritise work effectively demonstrating flexibility and reliability to meet required deadlines
- Able to work with integrity
- Professional working knowledge of and experience in English language
- Access to university data bases in order to carry out the research
- Experience of working in the higher education sector
Interested applicants should send a CV and interest letter to Dr. Katia Bianchini by 20 April 2021: email@example.com.
The offer is subject to the waiver of further negotiations. (Art 12 s 4 Regulation on Sub-Threshold Procurement)
Die Angebotseinholung erfolgt unter Vorbehalt des Verzichtes auf weitere Verhandlungen
(§ 12 Abs 4 – Unterschwellenvergabeverordnung)