Berkeley Comparative Equality and Anti-Discrimination Law Study Group Annual Conference 2017
Call For Papers
The Berkeley Comparative Equality and Anti-Discrimination Law Study Group, hosted by the School of Law, Trinity College Dublin, will hold its 2017 meeting in Dublin on 15-16 June 2017.
Proposals are now being sought for workshop presentations on the following topics:
- Inequality and the Environment
- Anti-Discrimination Law and Religious Diversity
- Transgender Equality and the Law
- The Impact of the UN Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities
Proposals on other topics relating to equality and anti-discrimination law are also welcome.
We anticipate inviting up to 30 scholars, lawyers and policy-makers to join us for two days of workshops, presentations and discussions.
All participants will need to pay for their own travel. Accommodation will be provided by Trinity College Dublin, including meals during the conference.
Presentation proposals of up to 3 pages, or applications to participate as a discussant/panel chair, should be submitted no later than 1 November 2016. We encourage applicants to attach a CV to the proposal or application.
- Decisions will be announced by 15 November 2016.
- Papers and/or presentation materials should be ready for circulation to all participants no later than 15 May 2017.
- Proposals for presentations and/or papers will be reviewed by Professor Mark Bell, Trinity College Dublin and Professor David Oppenheimer, Berkeley Law.
Please send inquiries and presentation and/or paper proposals or applications to participate as a respondent to firstname.lastname@example.org