The European Equality Law Review now welcomes submissions for its 2019/1 and 2019/2 issues. The European Equality Law Review is an open-access journal published twice a year by the European Commission in collaboration with the European Network of legal experts in gender equality and non-discrimination (see European Equality Law Review). It offers legal experts an independent, open-access platform to publish articles dealing with issues of gender equality and non-discrimination in relation to European law. Articles are submitted to peer-review within the Network’s editorial team at Utrecht University and Migration Policy Group and the Network’s executive committee of senior experts. The present call invites authors to submit their abstracts by 11 February 2019.
Instructions regarding submissions:
- The editorial team of the European Equality Law Review welcomes abstracts proposing articles on issues of gender equality and non-discrimination related to European law (EU law, European human rights law, European comparative law). For the next issue, we will be considering, in particular, articles dealing with:
- Sexual harassment and gender-based harassment at work;
- The direct horizontal effects of the charter of Fundamental Rights after Bauer in relation to gender equality;
- The protection against victimization in EU gender equality law;
- Gender equality and bias in algorithmic decision-making processes;
- The legal standing of equality bodies in relation to non-discrimination law: a comparative analysis in three different Member States.
If you wish to propose another topic, please first reach out to email@example.com.
- If you are interested in submitting a contribution, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with a short abstract (500 words max.) including a short biographical note about yourself, the title of the proposed paper, a research question and a proposed structure. The editorial team will provide feedback on promising abstracts. Submissions will be accepted on a rolling basis and interested authors are advised to send their proposals well ahead of the next submission deadline.
- Articles can range between 4.500 and 6.000 words including footnotes (9-12 pages).
- Submissions must be of high quality and include a clear legal research question, offer an original perspective and/or analysis and a coherent structure and argumentation, embedded in existing legal debates and literature. We expect contributions to go beyond the state of the art and purely descriptive contributions will not be accepted. It is also expected that articles follow scientific writing standards and are clearly structured and drafted in professional English.
- Authors are kindly requested to follow our house style guide for citations, footnoting, spelling and format (please email email@example.com in order to receive it).
- Contributions should be submitted as Word files.
- The editorial team of the European Equality Law Review encourages researchers, scholars and practitioners alike to submit articles. The open-access availability of the law review guarantees a wide audience and broad dissemination.
- First drafts of articles to be published in the next EELR issue (2019/1) are due on 15 April 2019. First drafts for the second EELR issue (2019/2) are due on 1 September 2019.
- Previous issues can be downloaded online at: European Equality Law Review.