JUSTICE 2014 Human Rights Law Conference – October 20th
The OxHRH is pleased to announce that it will be providing coverage of the JUSTICE Human Rights Law Conference on 20 October 2014. View the full programme here.
One of the highlights of the human rights lawyer’s CPD calendar and a key opportunity to update your legal knowledge and gain valuable insight into the human rights issues of the year.
With an unrivalled programme, this year includes keynote speeches from leaders in the field and breakout session updates on disability, surveillance and privacy, criminal law, judicial review and immigration. We will also have an unequalled review of essential case-law developments in our now renowned ‘Review of the Year’ this year with Nathalie Lieven QC, Landmark Chambers.
- Gareth Peirce, Birnberg Peirce
- Lord Pannick QC, Blackstone Chambers
Plenary debate – ‘Do human rights matter on the doorstep?’:
- Simon Hughes MP, Minister of State for Justice and Civil Liberties
- Emily Thornberry MP, Shadow Attorney General
- David Davis MP
- Professor Conor Gearty, LSE & Matrix
- Anthony Speight QC, 4 Pump Court