We are pleased to announce that applications for the 2020 Summer School in International Human Rights Law, held at New College, Oxford, are now being accepted. The summer school runs from Sunday 12 July 2020 – Saturday 08 August 2020.
The closing date for applications is 12 noon UK time (midday) on 1 April 2020 but early application is advised as applications are reviewed on receipt and some courses fill very quickly.
A four-week residential summer school offering participants the opportunity to follow an intensive programme of university-level study in international human rights law within the beautiful surroundings of New College.
- Courses focusing on the theory and practice of human rights law, including an introductory course in the fundamentals of international human rights law, an advanced course in human rights lawyering and electives that address important contemporary issues in the field;
- An internationally recognised and distinguished faculty combining both academic and practical experience;
- An opportunity to experience life in an Oxford college.
The academic programme consists of:
- A daily lecture programme given by a leading expert within the faculty;
- Study in small interactive group seminars led by experienced tutors;
- Optional extra-curricular events programme including lectures and a careers panel.
All students will take:
- The Fundamentals of International Human Rights Law; or
- Human Rights Lawyering (advanced)
And then choose one of the following:
- International Criminal Law
- Gender, Sexuality and International Human Rights Law
- Human Rights in the Marketplace
- International Human Rights and Refugee Law
- War, Peace and Human Rights.
Seminars will usually contain no more than 18 students.
For further information about the course, including who should apply and how to apply, please visit our website at www.conted.ox.ac.uk/ss-ihrl. Please note that North American applicants will need to apply to the programme through the George Washington University Law School with whom the programme is jointly run. Their website can be found at https://www.law.gwu.edu/oxford-summer-program.