BIICL Event: EU Pact on Migration and Asylum: Conversation with EC Vice President Schinas
22 April 2021 | 14.00 – 15.00 (BST)
This event will involve a conversation between Margaritis Schinas, Vice-President for Promoting our European Way of Life, European Commission and Professors Vincent Chetail and Elspeth Guild about the current proposals as part of the European Pact on migration and Asylum which was announced by the European Commission at the end of 2020.
As migration dynamics continue to evolve, migrants and refugees continue to struggle to access protection in Europe and as the EU forges ahead with negotiations on how best to address this phenomenon, this event will include a keynote address by the European Commission Vice President and responses to the address and the proposals more broadly by leading migration and refugee law experts.
- Dr Jean-Pierre Gauci, British Institute of International and Comparative Law (BIICL)
- Dr Maria Varaki, King’s College London
- Margaritis Schinas, Vice-President for Promoting our European Way of Life, European Commission
- Professor Elspeth Guild, Jean Monnet Professor ad personam, Queen Mary University of London
- Professor Vincent Chetail, Professor of International Law, Graduate Institute of International and Development Studies, Geneva